I know what you're saying but you're lumping completely different toys into the same pile.
When considering Chinese toys you have four basic categories:
- seamless body, excellent clothing, few (but decent) accessories, bland faceplate, but with smooth and genuinely good articulation.
- unlicensed figures based on films or tv with great likenesses and lots of accessories. Because of the various companies involved the quality varies. eg the Last of Us figures are excellent with great articulation and quality, the Scarface figure is a cheap abomination.
- stylised art-toys, like the Death Gas Station series, Bean Gelo wwII figures, and Crowtoys Samurai Beetles. Excellent clothes and accessories. Articulation varies from good to excellent.
- soldier figures. Tonnes of accessories, excellent clothing, usually great articulation.
- 3rd party transformers, vary in quality, but often better than official products. Sometimes by a huge margin.
- Robots. Heaps of new robots have come on the market and they look incredible. Toynotch's Astrobots are some of the best toys in 1/12 scale in terms of quality of build and articulation.
- bootleg SHF, Figma and 1000toys Synthetic Human. Generally poor, you literally get what you pay for.
If you like the look of a Chinese toy then do what you should do with any toy; look up reviews, videos if you can, look up previous releases from the company.
DamToys, LimToys, NOTAToys, ToyNotch, VToys and JoyToy have all proven themselves as reliable companies with great products.
But new companies are entering the market all the time and, honestly, most of them look very good.>>10741420