Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[202 / 20 / ?]

Boot Camp question

No.1015502 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What would happen if you defy authority in let's say a US Army or Marine Boot Camp?

Like if they tell you to drop and do 50 push ups and you say, fuck off? What would happen? Are they (Drill Sergeant/Instructor) allowed to hit you or in any way be physically violent?

What's to stop someone from breaking the rules and not obeying the orders (however asinine they may be) and making the Drill Sergeant/Instructor look like a fool?

Let's say everyone else saw that private tell his superior to "fuck off" after he said do 50 push ups, how would they deal with that? How scary and intimidating can these guys really be if they can't use physical violence (which I assume is the case these days)?

This is just a hypothetical question, I'm sure anyone who actually wanted to join these armed forces wouldn't outright disobey their superior like this, but I'm just wondering how it would be dealt with, and the ramifications that would arise in the way it was dealt with, like if it didn't intimidate other privates into line.