Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / ?]

metathread: feedback post for mods

ID:G++nvYKB No.10281181 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Do you guys have anything to add to this feedback post?
>here it is:

Dear 4chan Team.
The board '/bant/' is full of many bump bots and they are negatively affecting the board's quality. These bots "necrobump" threads that are on page ten and can potentially make threads go on forever as they delete their own posts after bumping. (The delete limit does not work because they use proxies to evade it). This botting behavior is problematic because it makes it so many unpopular threads that have no discussion in them are on the top of the board , It also circumvents the spirit of 4chan as the bump limits are to make sure something new can take their place and the users can see novel threads when you open up the page. I have thought of 3 ways to keep bump bots from bumping posts indefinitely and I would be ever grateful to the 4chan moderation. if you implement one of these to keep bump bots from necrobumping threads, I would be very greatful.

1. Make it so deleted posts still count towards the bump limit
This would effectively make it impossible for bumpbots to necrobump threads indefinitely. this is because the threads would hit bump limit even if the posts were deleted. The pros to this would be that it wouldn't greatly affect user experience or how the board functions. The cons of this would be that there is potential for trouble makers complaining that the mods are auto saging their thread even though It hit its bump limit.