Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 4 / ?]

Finding religion/Finding faith

No.11046836 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hopefully this thread will attract a minimal amount of schizos, but anyway:

I am searching for God.
The endless nihilism that gripped my heart has produced a yearning for something which I seem to have neglected for most of my life.
What do you seek when you search of God? Institutions of Religion? Pure individual faith? A guiding hand?
So far I have managed to coalesce some of what I feel to be right in this search of mine.

>"God", as a quantifiable, empirically observable deity, probably doesn't exist (that is, through conventional science)
>Even if he did exist; God in his true meaning is completely beyond human comprehension, and as such any text or sacred convention claiming to understand literally anything about him is inherently flawed.
>Therefore, organized religions are based on human presumptions, which as I mentioned are inherently flawed, and so their understanding of God is subjective.
>However, there seems to be a universal human yearning for a greater purpose endowed within our being, one which "God" fills perfectly.

This is as far as I have gotten. I denounce any and all religious conventions as human and flawed (yes, this includes the one in which I was brought up into). What alternative is there?