Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[200 / 33 / ?]

/his/ is an example of what /pol/ once was

No.11318153 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A very civil board with an air of edgy humor, a place where you could spend hours discussing and reading interesting perspectives of various people and a little bit of shit slinging here and there but nothing too out of control.

You want to know the last time I actually had a real cognitive debate with someone on here without the thread devolving into shitslinging and buzzwords? About a year ago, against an actual commie who gained some new perspective by taking the time to discuss things in a civil manner with me. I'll tell you that was a daily occurrence back before the 2016 election.

/pol/ has effectively become /b/ 2.0 and the mods despise it, they hate moderating the board and they see it as nothing more than containment but that's not what it should be.

/pol/ should be like /his/ but instead it's become a dumpster fire full of endless gaslighting and shitslinging day in day out and it needs to come to an end, it's miserable and I think a lot of the genuine posters here are staying out of spite, we're hoping for the one day that this can be a place of cognitive discussion and debate again. It's up to the staff to try and implement features that will help board quality and it's up the community to pressure them to make those necessary changes or else things will just get worse and worse.

Now why should the staff care? As far as they're concerned /pol/ was always bad and they should only give a shit about discussion on the blue boards but that's exactly the point. As the years go on and on, /pol/ is going to affect the whole site's culture and make it just as low quality in time. /his/ will become another /b/, if the staff don't take a strong stand in the most prominent boards and they instead try to keep putting bandaids on the wound by creating more boards things will just get progressively worse until people don't give a shit about the rules anymore, I mean just look at /tv/.

Here are some features I think will improve both /pol/ and the site as a whole.