Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[86 / 17 / ?]

No.11344318 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I don't care if this is a white supremacist website. There is no black equivalent, so I'm going to speak my truth, here.

I was hanging out with my girl. I'm a girl, too. Not lesbian, just good friends. We're both 26. And we were just listening to music in her living room, and chatting about black stuff, as we are both black.

We were talking about what kind of black people we were. She said that she was definitely a mix of black nerd and black fashionista. I agreed. That is definitely her. I was about to talk about what my type of blackness was, but then, her 16 year old, younger brother walked into the room.

Honestly, I was suddenly a bit curious about how he would respond to that question, because honestly, he never really seemed..... lets say.... blackity black black, like me and his sister are. So I was definitely interested in hearing what he would say.

So I was just like, "whats up kid, this might seem a little random, but me and your sis were just talking about what kind of black people we are. whats your style of blackness?"

He immediately (and rudely) called me cringe and then told me he was "just a guy" and that "being black didn't mean much to him"

I told him that I wasn't cringe, and that hes not just a guy, that he was a black guy. I told him it was important for him to identify as black, because that is how society generally saw him. I told him that in this extremely racist society, that it is impossible to separate yourself from your blackness, as a black person.

I feel like as an older black woman, it was important I let my younger black kinfolk know how things are.