Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 2 / ?]

ID:HFh8nlur No.11756246 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
No really, why the hell did The World Economic Forum post that creepy "You will own nothing" video?
The WEF, at least as far as I know, is a pretty much powerless economic forum that mostly works in Europe. They usually just talk about trade and climate change and stuff. Whatever. They've recently been talking about this thing called the great reset, which is about changing policies relating to debt and trade and stuff, a lot of it is a response to the pandemic. Again, whatever. Who cares?
But they recently posted this video on their Twitter about how the world could change by 2030. A lot of it was stuff about 3D printed organs, carbon taxes, drone based delivery services, not surprising stuff, whatever, but there were a couple really creepy things sprinkled in about how we wouldn't be allowed to eat meat, how western values and societies would collapse, and, easily the most disturbing part, a video of a smiling man saying "You will own nothing and you will be happy."
I generally find conspiracy theories exhausting to even think about, but seriously, what the hell was that about? The video got tremendous backlash on Twitter for obvious reasons, and as far as I know none of the big leaders of the forum have acknowledged it or even spoken on any talking points that relate to the disturbing aspects of the video- I literally haven't seen any references to property values or ownership in anything I've read from anyone working at the organization outside of that video- so I'm just left really confused. If those aren't their interests, why would they post that? If those are their interests, why would they make their incredibly unpopular goals so public? I just don't get it and really want some context because I'm just left very, very confused by the whole thing.