Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 12 / ?]

Reaching a breaking point with covid

ID:Ms17R/MU No.11773911 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Having a bad time anon's. Been out of work since April due to covid, looking for work everyday, applying for anything I am even remotely qualified for. Applied for a local company who builds part for military, nothing special just something, get told over 500 people applied for the job.

I was working in the petrochemical industry building parts for chemical plants. In March when oil futures dropped to negative numbers we had millions of dollars of ordered parts cancelled. One company alone cancelled $4 million of parts orders. Companies like Exxon were calling to tell us to either put a hard hold on everything, or cancel the order. This left us with hundreds of thousands of dollars in inventory that we could not move.

Unemployment benefits ended months ago, been living off savings. Have enough money in savings to make it to the end of January, then I will be broke. Not sure what to do from there.

On sites like indeed all day, get on google maps looking for places to apply - a lot of places do not want you walking in to apply, they want you to call, then email resume.

Feel like crying all day, everyday. Really bad place in life right now anons. I know a lot of people out there have it worse than I do. I am older and my kids are grown.

Part of it I blame the government, and I blame both parties. Unemployment benefits should have been extended like what happened after MCI and Enron crashed. Not even the extra $600 a week, just anything at least so people can buy food.

A lot of us out here are hurting, bad, both financially and emotionally.