Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[189 / 29 / ?]

No.12035446 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Polish nobleman about the aftermath of the battle of Vienna:

>The Germans, on the other hand, took no captives, but killed them crudelissime [with exceeding cruelty]. Even after death, they dragged their corpses about; flayed them, twisted the flayed strips into straps they might use; the third day after the battle, it was already hard to see a Turk on the battlefield with his body entire; and if any of our men was not cautious in leading a captive, and he rode among Germans, they would seize the prisoner out of his grasp and kill him.

>My nephew Stanisław Pasek was leading a Turk, some kind of important fellow, for he was handsomely attired and riding a beautiful horse; my nephew, having disarmed the captive, was leading him along on his horse, holding only the reins, when along comes a German, rides alongside the Turk, and stabs him with a dagger. The Turk only groaned; my nephew looked back, and the Turk, mouth agape, is slipping off his horse. Having stabbed him, the German rode off at once to the side. My nephew begins to scold him: "You pig, you knave! Killed my prisoner you have, and is that permitted?" The German but laughs and says: "Ja, Pan, are you Poles feeding the devil?" My nephew rails at him that you're a scoundrel, not a cavalier - to kill a captive already in our hands. But the German only rides on, laughing.

>What else was there to do? The Germans feel great rancor as the Turks robbed them of so much of their country, their provinces and fortresses; secondly, they are a natura crudeles [innately cruel] and know not how to observe knightly restraint in victoria.

Who was in the right here?