Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[129 / 20 / ?]

Relationship with your Father

No.13532218 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Did any of you have a father that taught you actual useful things about things about the world? My father fed me, clothed me, housed me, taught me how to play catch and play basketball, taught me some extremely rudimentary financial skills, and paid for my college. I suppose I should be grateful for the last two as that's more than many get, but when I look back, it's hard to escape the conclusion that he was just a wallet. I can't remember a single serious conversation we ever had about a deep and important topic.
I want to know what it is like to have a father that taught you the truth about how women are, taught you carpentry, taught you about the true nature of the power structure of the world, taught you a family trade such as farming/small business, etc.
Politically, is this how things have always been, or have fathers simply abdicated all responsibility for passing on true knowledge? Are we expecting too much and this is happening because much of this knowledge used to be passed down by society at large, which no longer exists?