Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 3 / ?]

ID:F8PEKDhb No.14171857 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Is this really what r/atheism is now? I mean, I see people defending this as a "Fuck you" to people who kill over a religion, but this is just . . . rape. It's a painting of rape. I'm not offended, it's just in bad taste. I just don't get it, I guess.
>When I first came to r/atheism years ago, I was happy I found solidarity and a comfortable spot where I could talk with nonreligious people, having dropped my Christian faith while still residing in a conservative area. But over the years, this sub has become downright hostile. You can disagree with religious views; I do too. You can post whatever you want, including a picture of Jesus getting raped. But if this sub is to be a representative (it is, after all, touted to be the largest atheist forum) of atheism, then it should held to higher standard where we champion rational thought and free thinking, not hostility towards others. In light of recent events such as the Paris shooting, I totally get people are angry with religious followers. I get that. But this was something that was voted to the front page of Reddit, and it makes r/atheism look bad.