Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 5 / ?]

The first non sexist cereal OffLimits

ID:8M09lwYa No.14386913 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Sexism is inescapable in America, even in the supermarket. Cereal mascots, for instance, have traditionally been male since Kellogg’s launched its first cartoon breakfast peddler, Rice Krispies’ baking gnome. Tony the Tiger, The Lucky Charms leprechaun, Count Chocula, Trix’ Silly Rabbit... all male! Now, Emily Elyse Miller, who literally wrote the book on Breakfast, is changing representation in cereal. Her new socially responsible cereal and culture brand, OffLimits.
>But why use packaged breakfast food to take down the patriarchy? “Cereal has become a vehicle for a culture rooted in racism, sexual repression, misogyny, and deceivingly bad-for-you ingredients,” Miller says. “I was done supporting brands with these underlying structures, so I decided to build my own from the ground up. Brands don’t deserve to profit off of the communities that they fail to represent.”
>“I worked with Shephard Fairey's Studio Number One to design my band of emotionally unstable cartoon characters, DASH and ZOMBIE,” Miller says. “They were created to give voice to the countercultures and misunderstood, to ease the fear of speaking out due to judgement based on skin color, race, gender, or sexual orientation.”