Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[86 / 10 / 29]

Does the internet feel smaller?

No.14915421 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is it just me or does it actually feel this way? Apparently there's more websites than ever, but I (and everyone I've known) has only used a handful of websites in the past few years/decade. It feels like you don't need to go to different websites now and that most sites service a vast variety of content. Take cancer like Reddit for example, in the past you'd need like a dozen websites to follow (all unique and full of soul) but now you can subscribe to reddit boards and get the information you want. And that's only ONE website. What the fuck is happening bros?

I've been on this website for 15+ years and other than shit like google or maybe IMDb, it's the website I've used for the longest. Does the internet feel different to anyone else these days? The change was pretty gradual, but in just 15-20 years the internet feels completely fucking different. I mean even just the culture. I will never understand how people use their full names and shit on social media. I was always raised to never tell personal info to anyone on the internet. Now course there has been exceptions, I've made lifelong friends through the internet, but I don't just give out info to strangers willy nilly on fucking social media sites. Man... I pity the zoomers who never experience the internet in its golden age of the mid 90s-mid to late 00s. WHY DOES IT FEEL SO SMALL AND SOULLESS?