Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[119 / 15 / 81]

How did people live without smartphones ?back then?

No.15704155 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know this is kind of an odd question but how did people act in public without smartphones. Now almost everyone has them and they are glued to them, everywhere I look.

I ride public transit almost everyday and almost everyone who's in the bus with me is on their phone or looking out the window listening to music.

How would this scenario play out if it was the 70s. What did people do in the bus without smartphones, did they make small talk with their neighbours or just stare at the ceiling for the whole ride. I never see people on the bus talking with each other, everyone is in their own little bubble.

What about when you are waiting in question for a doctor appointment and you are told to wait for an sit and hour. People now just poke at their phones until they get their names called, what did people do back then?

Even waiting in question for a cup of coffee, almost everyone in the line is on their phones until it's time for their order.
I can't imagine a world that operated without smartphones, I was never alive back then and it feels all too surreal to me.