Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[332 / 160 / 37]

Reply to katposter.

ID:gctEZadw No.16054696 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Calling katposter.
>>16044959
>I want to say that one pathetic grape wouldn't ruin the entire experience
Thing is, it's not just that they were deflated, it'd at least be tolerable if it were only the texture, but they also get very bitter. Which you can probably imagine ruining the experience, bitter things linger in your mouth and memory, even if you get back to eating normal grapes right after it, you're still caught up about that one zombie grape.
By the way, you haven't had grapes in a long time? Damn. Go get some, the very next time you head to the store. Purple ones, especially. You can recall that they're delicious, sure, but if it's been too long you've forgotten how the experience is, I think it'd be fun to have it again.
>I do remember reading a book
Not much into books, pretty much all I've read so far were memoirs, so, no, I didn't know of it. Although, it sparked an interest just now, books that go off on about how the human mind functions sound pretty interesting to me, it's never boring to hear about your own behaviour. I'll put it on the backlog.
Anyway, the study makes sense. You'll obviously have a better experience overall, if instead of non-interrupted immense pain, you only experience the worst of it for a little then have it get more bearable.
You end up having a somewhat positive memory of "oh that was really bad for a bit but it got better, at least it wasn't like that for the entire 25 minutes, ill take it", instead of "oh god that was really really bad for the whole time it was going on"
I suppose it's just those little sprinkles of pain that's nothing compared to the rest, that kind of refreshes you and lets you bear it once the worse part comes along again.
It's like having checkpoints in a really difficult game instead of doing it all in one sitting, no? Or, if there were a stage in a game that was hard for the entirety of it, compared to a stage where there's a couple or so hard parts, but the rest of it gives you a breather.