Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[239 / 152 / 21]

ID:7qyzWBX+ No.16526643 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Go to a sepulchre, contemplate dust ashes worms and sigh
Behold how that corpse becomes first yellow, and then black
Afterward the whole body is covered in a white and disgusting mold
Then there issues forth a slime which flows to the earth
In that corruption a multitude of worms is generated, which feed on the flesh
The rats feast on the body, some on the outside, others enter into the mouth and bowels
The cheeks, the hair, the lips fall to pieces. The ribs are first laid bare, then the arms and legs.
The worms after having consumed all the flesh devour each other.
And at last nothing remains of that body but a skeleton, which in time crumbles in pieces the bones seperate and the head falls from the trunk
See then what a man is? A little dust on the barnfloor which is carried away by the wind.
In this picture of death behold yourself and what you will one day become. Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return
Consider that in a few years, perhaps a few months and day thou becamest rottenous in worms.
All must come to an end, and if you die your soul is lost all is lost for you.
Look on the sins of youth and blush. Look on the sins of manhood and weep. Look on the present disorders of thy life and tremble and amend.
Behold the graves of the dead, and say to yourself: “If these could live again, what would they not give for eternal life? And I who have time, what do I do for my soul?”
In the world those are only esteemed happy who enjoy the goods the pleasures the riches and the palms of this world, but death puts an end to all those joys of the earth.
For what is your life? It is a vapor which appears for a little while
Behold that man, courted today, feared and almost worshipped; tomorrow when he is dead he will be despised reviled and trampled upon.
When death comes we must leave all. On this earth men are born equal, but after death all become equal. That which has happened to your ancestors will also happen to you.