Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 9 / 10]

ID:3wPeGbsQ No.17196657 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
need to post about something cause i dont have anything else to do while waiting for my phone to charge
i hate what theyve done to cod zombies
idk about the gameplay cause i dont play the shit they spew out now, ive heard that the cold war one is okay to play or whatever but thats probably just people awarding mediocrity as always. not like simply playing waw with custom maps isnt always gonna be infinitely better than anything else zombies related, it even often pulls in all the extra elements from the other good games but its just better cause its waw. idfk why you would play anything else. though at the end of the day its still cod zombies and gets boring after 2 sessions with people
but whatever i just mean the tone they have now. even if they somehow had the gameplay itself better than anything from before, itd still be fucking cancer because they bought into this bright candy color feelgood "artstyle" that every game needs to have now because of fortnite and valorant
every single area looks like an unreal engine game with a shader mod slapped on it
this is "the thing to say" now and its kinda aids but still its just cool how they actually cared about the creepy atmosphere in old zombies. afaik almost every placement of lighting in motd was thought out to both fit in with the feel and guide the player
it wasnt in just zombies either, waw had the unnerving feel down in general. theres spots in multiplayer maps that you can only reach by noclipping that play creepy sound effects only in there, and thats just cool thats what gives kids nightmares
anyway now you need to have at least ten things glowing purple/orange on your screen at all times
even if the visuals werent shit, its still ruined by that you also need to have at least 20 hud elements telling you very obvious things (that you cant turn off)
you need to have several characters you dont care about constantly spouting generic exposition in zombies because thats what the gamemode is known for