Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[40 / 22 / 15]

ID:6YX9kDrC No.17204675 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Need to wait for my phone to charge. Don't have anything to keep my attention with other than posting.
I really hate how server owners in older games think people wanna play against bots. It feels like it's in every single FPS with a server browser and the excuse is that it's to make up for low player counts.
The thing is that a low player count is better than filling it up to the brim with bots. At that point, you run into an actual person so rarely that you might as well be playing offline. It's simply not satisfying to get a kill and see that it was just a bot. I don't mind playing with only a few real people running around than something like that, because I don't play MULTIPLAYER games to play against BOTS. I fucking hate this shit.
For some reason it's thought by these retards that you just can't have any fun with a game unless the server is entirely packed. Like 5v5 or even less lobbies can't often be even more enjoyable than a filled out one. There's exceptions with some games, but still.
Most of the time all it means is that it'll be a slower game than a fuckfest 20+ player deathmatch, but that doesn't automatically equal less fun. It's still pretty engaging as long as those few players aren't braindead. Some even take advantage of that like a 4v4 DM gamemode in TF2 which tends to be better than the actual game, and that's also literally what Quake deathmatches were.
You go try finding me a deathmatch server in CS:S or 1.6 without over half of the server being bots. It's possible, but too bothersome and it doesn't last long because the bots fill up when people leave. Then there's DoD Source which is downright unplayable in EU because of bots.
There's still servers spread throughout in CS with a few real players each, but they're all invisible in gameplay because of the bots. Just why would I want to have to kill a dozen braindead bots before even getting to fight against a real player? In an arena shooter of all things. Fuck off.