Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[31 / 19 / 8]

The Paul Controversy

No.17523330 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
When it comes to the Apostle Paul there are a lot of claims thrown around, and with this thread I want to adress the most prominent claims and show what is to them

>Paul was a jewish plant to corrupt Christianity
Well, this is what this thread is basically about, and to do this we need to look at his life and his message and teachings about Christ, wether they contradict or align with what Christ and the Bible as a whole preached. But to cut things short I take the stance of the Apostle Peter who said
>15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters,g speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort,h as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Now to look at his life, he did start off as one of the most wicked people in the Bible, basically hunting and killing Christians for fun. But then, and this is basically what the entire book is about, he repented. He recognized his error and was redeemed by God, and in this God displays His transformative powers, that even one like him could be made a rightous man. And thats what he means when he wrote.
>15This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. 16But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, and invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.