Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[213 / 33 / 115]

I'm 41 and I'm completely lost and tired of our times

No.18826941 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is going to be a bit long so bear with me.

I'm lost and tired on all levels, on all aspects of my life. I feel like I'm some sort of time traveler who found himself suddenly propelled into an era that is not his, a world that is not his, morals and values that are not his own. A bit as if an ancient Greek found himself in modern Afghanistan (analogy).

Like an old person who has seen too many eras and changes, who has ended up completely disconnected, I no longer recognize anything or anyone anywhere.

It's just hard to have experienced what my generation experienced and to see the state of the world today.
Before, everything was simpler and saner. Sure we had the Internet like you, sure we had "social networks" like you, but MSN (a simple messaging software), was in no way comparable to Instagram or Twitter where people display their entire lives, all their privacy in search of pseudo validation from people dumber than them.

The internet itself wasn't like that, we were free, we could say pretty much whatever we wanted without being censored. I sometimes come across old threads of my country's national forum, it's just crazy how people expressed themselves so freely, you just feel that there is no fear in their words, no fear of being censored or banned for their thoughts, their opinions.