Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / 1]

ID:U2hM8GqP No.18935529 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
so i was thinking more about religion, why does it seem like the idea of god is often presented throughout the bible in this authoritarian type of way. He is said to be all loving and benevolent then next he is basically shooting down lightning, causing giant floods and complete reckoning causing believers to be in awe and fear of his power, there is kind of this split in the bible wherein instead of being able to easily define nature and how unexpected and chaotic it can be, they just liken it to God but without capturing the whole character of nature instead just saying it's all like god and shit.

Why do people who believe in the bible view god in this authoritarian way? I find that religion often isnt very mystical, it just seems to equate everything to this all powerful being.

do you think there are any mystical qualities do the way the world and universe works? we dont live in this ebb and flow of a great cosmic mysterious universe you are just being commanded about by god all the time and being shown mercy because he could kill you but chooses not to.

Why is there such a big deal made in religion about "sin" but yet often times the only mention of sin is the commandments and breaking the them, thats the only mention of sin.

isnt the bible basically just saying "if you dont break the law, live a lawful and orderly life you are good lol" and here is the religion following that, along with a very authoritarian god.

i feel like religion is mostly made up of following rules in that religion, when in fact i think there could be a lot more to spirituality then just following orders and obeying rules

religion is following orders and not breaking the law