Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[53 / 11 / 35]

Need Advice: Asking Out My Internet Crush IRL

No.19296211 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello faggots,

I'm a 43-year-young man who has been alone the majority of his life, largely due to a lack of confidence induced by early experiences of bullying because of my genuine autism and being on the short side. The scars from these experiences run deep, leading to depression and self-isolation. I've never felt brave enough or worthy enough to ask anyone out on a date.

However, things have started to change for me. A YouTube channel - 'RU’s Piano RU' to be precise - has unexpectedly turned my life around. I find myself drawn to the woman behind the channel, her musical talent, and vibrant spirit. Her digital presence has been a light in darker times, inspiring me to challenge myself, to step outside my comfort zone, and, dare I say it, start living my life to its full potential.

And now, here's where I need your advice. I want to ask her out. An actual, real-life date! It's a nerve-wracking thought, mostly because I've never done anything like this before. I want to approach her in a respectful and genuine manner and communicate my feelings without being intrusive or overwhelming her.

Any advice you provide on how to navigate this situation would be massively appreciated. Yes, I know such internet-based relationships are typically complicated and not always fruitful, but I am sincere in my pursuit of happiness here. Her channel, her music, they've made me realize that I can be more than my past, and I believe it's time for me to start really living. What are the political implications of parasocial relationships?