Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[181 / 17 / 51]

Eastern orthodoxers i have some qualms with your religion

No.19369898 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
this discussion is under the assumption that all participants are fully aware that western protestantism (i.e luther descended protestantism) is ridiculous and erroneous.
This is strictly a Catholic vs Orthodox thread, I am Catholic and i will present some problems that i have with eastern orthodoxy, i am not as well versed with the history or the theological differences as i am with western protestantism but i do have some knowledge.

this is what i have against eastern orthodoxy:

- extra books, eastern orthodox have 81 books instead of just 73, they added 8 more despite the council of carthage writing in 397ad these words: "It was also determined that besides the Canonical Scriptures nothing be read in the Church under the title of divine Scriptures. Canonical Scriptures are these: (the 73 books of the bible are stated here)

- erroneous theology (filoque). to deny that the holy spirit proceeds from the father and the son is utterly ridiculous and on this point the orthodox church is as illogical as the western protestants, i don't even know how they came to this conclusion, the biblical verses seem pretty clear that the Father and Son share the same spirit, who is the Holy Spirit.

- when i read the history i read that the eastern roman empire (Byzantium) had 4 main bishops which descended from the disciples, if 4 of the apostolic see's rebelled then that would be 1/3rd of the bishops rebelling, which seems to me to be a reflection of the rebellion of the demons against God in which 1/3rd of the demons rebelled, this is further proven by the insistence that the other bishops have equal authority as the Pope, which is no different to how the devil wanted to be Gods equal an have his authority and tried to usurp his throne.

1/2