Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 4 / 1]

ID:hkSPYkot No.19845170 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>This game gets major bonus points for mood and consistent aesthetics, as long as you don't mind a nationalist Russian power fantasy about a thinly veiled allegory of the invasion of Afghanistan. I do, but I can respect good craft when I see it, and this game has it.
>*reddit spacing*
>But.
>*reddit spacing*
>What I don't have much patience for is hostile design. A good example of that is the control scheme. Keeping a ship on an intended trajectory is hard not because it's a very heavy ship with limited maneuverability, but because you don't have a throttle. Aiming at enemies is hard not because your guns are inaccurate, or because your enemies are moving, or because the projectiles are affected by gravity, but because you're not offered a targeting reticle.
>*reddit spacing*
>There's "let me try again" kind of difficulty, and then there's "why do I even bother" kind, and Highfleet ends up being the latter.
>*reddit spacing*
>(unlike "Hammerfight", which I didn't end up playing a lot because it was giving me wrist pain, but what I did play was very enjoyable - a good counter-example of a quirky interface that supports the experience)