Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 5 / ?]

No.20719182 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have a Bestfriend (37M). He is like a slightly younger brother to me.

When I asked him, he said he doesn't use any dating apps. He has expressed disinterest in relationships. It's really disappointing to see him (Who could very well be described as one of the rare good or even great ones) be such a commitment phobe. Male forever bachelorhood seems anti women to me. Just my opinion.

Regarding dating apps, he said it's a trap to get guys to pay for premium subscriptions and that it encourages shallowness and lookism. When I asked him why he hasn't seriously thought of dating to settle down, he described it as a waste of potential. That dating then marrying then having kids is a societal scam and very few married or committed men are actually happy. That most probably resent their wives, long term girlfriends and children. He says he doesn't want to end up regretting anything.

When I told him he would grow old and die alone with that mentality, which I admit was a little too much, he stopped talking to me and continued typing on his laptop.

I hate to see my eligible Bestfriend waste his life like this and be so bitter about relationships. He could make a great boyfriend or husband but decides not to for no reason.

I see this becoming a more widespread mentality especially in countries likes Japan and Korea where men willingly choose the single life as it's deemed easier. There's a term for that. "Herbivore men". It's really selfish to be so self centered and abandon relationships and family for your own convenience.

Opinions?