Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[26 / 4 / ?]

A New Mandate for Higher Learning

ID:xZ71ftLA No.2081806 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi. I'm a university professor.

The way I see it, my role in society isn't merely to make certain that my students know how to think critically. My job is to make certain that each of my students realize that the act of thinking critically naturally results in reaching a progressive political conclusion. Any student of mine who reaches a conclusion that is even one inch to the right of center had better dot every i and cross every t. I will not give any student on the right side of politics one iota of leniency and I will try to do everything in my power to make certain that student fails my course.

It is my duty as a progressive to grow the ranks of individuals who share my political paradigm. Since the clear majority of six figure jobs require some form of degree from an institution of higher learning, functioning as a filter that denies individuals on the right the opportunity to obtain qualification for those employment positions is morally righteous for the following reason.

This is only a fair counter-strategy to the Koch brother's national assault on teacher’s unions, which was a clever way to hobble democratic fund raising on the state level, which pushed most state legislatures to the right. They played hard ball and won a battle, but they did not win the war. If those of on the left can no longer effectively use teacher’s unions to fund the democratic party on the state level, then we must use our authority as educators to keep the right out of the 1% and push the left into it.

I hope you get mad when I give your child an F.