Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 2 / 1]

ID:q8W8UrOe No.20952553 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://youtu.be/BWerj8FcprM?si=sKqkAE6Qm2wLWDGR&t=146
I feel like I'm always thinking of having to become the best at anything. Maybe it was society that instilled this in me, or competative games in the past. However there is a crucial error in thinking this way. Even Magnus carlsen has a coach and he is the number 1 world chess champion. Even the elites in any given field has their moments of blunders. Even the best of the best will fail, intellectually, technically etc. Yet we all want perfection and want to be the best possible. This mindset isn't accepting of failure. So instead of enjoying things at whatever level you are you just feel like you are nowhere. Or you feel like everything ahead of you is just hurdles. If being better is everything you focus on you aren't allowing yourself to enjoy which makes everything more stressful. Ironically makes you more likely to quit and more likely to never get anywhere.
There should be a balance of improving and enjoying yourself. Seems people who are really passionate and enjoy themselves are the ones who end up getting the furthest in their thing.
So tell me Anon is there one thing you feel like you only focus on improving at instead of enjoying? It can be chess, playing an instrument, learning a language. It's gonna take a long time whether you enjoy it or not. So try to do yourself a favor.