Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[59 / 23 / ?]

No.2105492 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok Roaches you got 10 minutes to explain how your national sport isn't the gayest thing on Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5HrPN4VwBA

>3:05
>Top goes through pants and grabs dick of bottom
>caresses bottoms chest and whispers sweet nothings in his ear
>Bottom clearly more aroused than he's ever been before has to remove the sweat from his brow

So after realizing this shit was quite possibly just tradition and not gay I decided to some research.

>Unlike Olympic wrestling, oil wrestling matches may be won by achieving an effective hold of the kisbet. Thus, the pehlivan aims to control his opponent by putting his arm through the latter's kisbet.
(Translator note: Kisbet is turkish for hotpants)

But then I found a slight contradiction:

>Turkish wrestlers started covering themselves according to Islamic law (between the navel and the knees) after the 10th century.

So the win condition is to hold their pants so they can't move. But for CENTURIES they didn't even have the pants, so they didn't even have a win condition they were just rolling around naked in oil. I can only draw 1 conclusion from this /pol/

Much like Capoeira was taught as a "dance" to skirt around martial arts rules, Turkish Oil Wrestling was developed as a "sport" to skirt around anti-fag laws.

Final proof?

>In the Ottoman Empire, wrestlers learned the art in special schools called tekke (تکیه), which were not merely athletic centres, but also spiritual centres.
>(((spiritual centres)))