Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[86 / 18 / ?]

I love Disney

No.2422726 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm a 27 year old divorced woman with no children. I proudly eat, sleep, and breathe Disney.

I vacation in Disney, got engaged in Disney (with a Mickey Mouse shaped engagement ring), got married in Disney, honeymooned on a Disney cruise, have Disney shit all around my house. I am currently wearing an Ursula dress and am stewing over the fact that my mother is on vacation in Disney World right now without me. I absolutely love Disney and plan fake Disney vacations, even though I can't afford it (I actually haven't been to Disney in 5 years). I am that crazy Disney person that everyone talks about.

Disney provides a magical escapism that I haven't found anywhere else. Some people choose heroin or alcohol; I choose Disney. I was raised on Disney magic. I was raised on the idea that in the Disney universe, sometimes life sucks but everyone gets a happily ever after, so when I'm having a bad day, it's nice to be able to escape to that fantasy for a little while.

Disney can be like a cult and I try not to ignore that fact--as bad as I may sound, I personally know people who are waaaaaay worse than me. I'm not naïve; know that Disney runs the world and that I'm helping feed into a big corporate machine that can be uncaring and cruel at times, but I also understand that without Disney, I probably wouldn't be such a happy-go-lucky person, so it's a fair trade, in my opinion. It's a safe addiction--it's hard to OD on magic.