Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[78 / 12 / ?]

ID:6uO+QySl No.3425537 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
wait a fucking minute lads

I was just talking to a group of nine americans located all across the country, three in california, two on the east coast and the rest in various places in the midwest/almost-south

and ALL of them thought that America won the Vietnam war.

It came up because I mentioned my upcoming holiday to Vietnam. They honest-to-god thought the USA won. And they knew some stuff about it, too, it wasn't a case of no education whatsoever, they could say "oh it was guerilla warfare, the country was in civil war north vs south and the north wanted communism" etc.

They're not completely retarded, either, apart from the handicap of being American. I'm just fucking blown away. It's so fucking easily within living memory that thinking your country won is bordering on lunacy.

apparently they think they won the war of 1812 too. That one's more understandable because it was long enough ago to expect some revisionism but still... their fucking capital was burned.

was it just a coincidental outlier? I looked online and apparently a lot of americans say shit like "it was a tie", "it wasnt a real war", and other dumb shit but every single one of these guys outright thought it was an american triumph.