Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 5 / ?]

What I've Always Wanted

ID:lNXpAaNP No.5638112 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Just have to share this and decided to share it with you, friends.

Over the weekend I went to a wet down. For those that don't know, a wet down is like a christening for a new fire truck, like breaking a champagne bottle on a new boat. This was in a town with a sizable Jewish population. The location of the wet down was next to a playground that the Jews take their kids to after Temple. These are more orthodox, only wearing black and white clothes type of Jews.

Now that I've set the stage, let me get to the meat and potatoes of the story.

As I was leaving, I was behind a Jewish family that was also leaving the area. There were a load of ant hills around and I guess the one son asked the mother about them because she was teaching him about ants and other insects and finished up the bit by saying he should take a book out on it because of how interesting it is. There it was. Right in front of me, all I every wanted growing up, and all I can ever hope to give my future children. To have a caring mother with a soft and soothing voice that encouraged you to be better than what you are. To take an interest in their kid beyond just making sure they're still alive the way you would a pet.

The feels were hot and heavy the last couple days. That's all. I just felt like sharing this with you all.