Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[44 / 8 / ?]

Leaf plotting his escape

ID:/5n9e7FT No.574013 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Dear Americans,

I am done with Canada. I want out. I am currently a contractor for a US firm. They need me to move to the US for legal reasons. I work online so I basically have a free choice as to what state I move to.

I don't really want to live in a big city, but I also don't want to live in the middle of nowhere as I need good broadband to do my job. So large town or small city. I'd like to live in a relatively safe part of the country, and I'd also like to live in a place with really relaxed gun laws.

Only places I've been in the US are New Mexico, Texas, and Florida. New Mexico seemed completely empty, which is great if I wanted to find places to go shooting, but crappy when it comes to getting basic services like broadband and fresh food. Spent a few nights in El Paso, and it didn't seem like a good place to live but I'm really interested in hearing what people from other parts of Texas have to say. Florida was kind of like being boiled alive, so I don't think I'd be happy there.

Maine seems like a pretty good choice, but I've never been there and I have no idea what the place is like. I assume the climate is no worse than what Canada has to offer, it's rated 49th in terms of crime rate, and it's pretty damned rural by the looks of it. Anyone from Maine want to give me their opinions? What about people from other states? Any suggestions?