Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[2 / 2 / ?]

Euro Unis

ID:oVLKQ7aY No.752088 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /bant/ hopefully some eurofags can help me out here, I am a US international student who will be studying physics as a freshman in the Fall or Winter (depending on which uni I choose)
I will be doing the IPSP Program at Leipzig if I choose Leipzig, and if I choose Eindhoven I will be studying Applied Physics in English.

Leipzig has so much history to it and the university is over 600 years old which is appealing to me, as well as all of the notable alumni. I also have been fascinated by German culture and language. Leipzig sounds like a place where I would get that with all the festivals, but at the same time Eindhoven has such a beautiful campus, and seems to guarantee more career experience opportunities (with internship possibilities) at nearby technical businesses.

Eindhoven is very different in that it is a new university, has a higher ranked Physics program, and the Netherlands seems much more relaxed. This is very appealing to me, and I think the university is more organized/has more opportunities for international students than Leipzig.I also like the modern style of Eindhoven's library much more than Leipzig's and the library is an important factor to me. I also like the centralization of the campus, and how buildings are currently under construction and have nice architecture, but the city also has relatively little history to it.

The cost of attending Leipzig/semester will be about $9000 (there is no tuition) and Eindhoven would be about $19000 ($10,000 tuition).

I really enjoy the philosophy of Physics, but as far as I understand applied physics cuts out a lot of the philosophy and theory in physics and replaces it with engineering. This may be useful to me however as I might dual major later on in my career with Physics and Systems Engineering, and I have heard applied physics is good for systems, but I also really don't want to miss out on the theoretical side of physics.

Any advice is much appreciated!