Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 4 / ?]

ID:Yr5aqJMs No.7625559 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
"The conclusion is incontrovertable," Maxis chirped through his beak. "The planet has suffered a complete collapse of civilization."
The Technepod was peering over viewscreens as he spoke. Euner contemplated the words briefly before speaking.
"What do you mean collapse? We have records of civilizations collapsing on hundreds of worlds, but there is always some pocket left to recolonize." Euner said.
"The evidence is all there, would you care to examine it yourself?" Maxis motioned to the various displays in front of him with his manipulator.
"No- no, that isn't necessary" Euner said quickly. "Analysis is not my forte."
"Indeed it is not." Maxis stated matter of factly, his blunt manner typical of a Technepod.
"You sound resentful"
"Nonsense. Your contributions to these missions extend beyond the analysis of raw data. I have said many times that I consider you a dear friend, Euner. I would not care to take these long research voyages without your company."
"You are too kind, Maxis"
"You know my species does not understand your form of sarcasm."
"I assure you I was not being sarcastic. But this is besides the situation. The evidence-"
"It is available for your viewing."
"Summarize." Euner intoned.
"Very well," Maxis began. "The planet's dominant species is a two-legged creature, walking upright it stands approximately 2 meters tall. It has a pair of jointed arms with crude but sufficient manipulators at the ends. It has a skull housing the sensory organs and the brain, which is fairly large for its body size. A fairly common body arrangement as far as tool users go."
"So they are tool users."
"Oh yes, quite. I see activity on all major landmasses except for the polar continent. The most advanced societies appear to be concentrated in the northern latitudes on two continents. Farming techniques are primitive, but crop rotation is being practiced. There is evidence of steam engines and gunpowder."