Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 10 / ?]

Anita Sarkeesian ends web series that rocked the world of gaming

ID:Ob6yFJGr No.81441 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
No matter which side of the political spectrum you find yourself on, one thing that can't be underestimated about Anita Sarkeesian is the impact she has had on the landscape of gaming. Her web series, Tropes vs. Women in Video Games, has been a driving force in gender and race representation in gaming over the last several years, but it is coming to an end according to Sarkeesian herself in a blog post on the Feminist Frequency website.

>It’s a bittersweet moment, bidding farewell to this series. It’s definitely time for it to be over, time for Feminist Frequency as an organization and for me personally to move on. But I keep thinking about all the ways that the world of video games has changed since that day, almost five years ago, when I first took my modest little Kickstarter live. It hasn’t all been for the better, but some of it definitely has. There are conversations happening now, among players and among creators, that weren’t happening before, about who games are for (everyone!), about what impact they can have, what they can tell us about humanity, empathy, race, gender, sexuality, the world we live in, and the world we want to create for ourselves.

From the sound of things, it seems like Sarkeesian and Co. are moving into politics and pop culture with their next show, which given the current political climate, doesn't come off as all that surprising.

WE DID IT BROS... WE WON.