Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 2 / ?]

i’ve been writing down my views on alienation and society and think i may try for a short book

ID:rYeAfiZo No.8323821 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
freedom= the ability to say yes or no w/o penalty
the state exists to facilitate mass social cohesion on a wider scale than what is believed to be achievable by direct action of the ppl
the state takes away freedoms to facilitate social cohesion. rights are not freedoms. rights come explicitly due to the taking away of freedom
the smaller the community, the more feasible for direct democracy to sustain governance. interconnected micro-communities run thru direct democracy may achieve the same level of social cohesion as a state

free speech only works insofar as your ability to argue in good faith. the point of free speech is to come to the most optimal decisions for as many as possible. gatekeeping people’s ability to directly contribute in good faith to their community leads to alienation. a large portion of bad faith actors feel alienated. this in part is due to their bad faith, but on a greater level is due to cultures created when the people are disempowered.
when people’s needs are poorly represented by politicians, when people spend enormous portions of their lives working for disembodied corporations, when the capital people create is not fairly remunerated, when people are in a constant state of struggle due to corporate exploitation and interest, and come home exhausted only seeking temporary escape until the next work day, it leaves very little time for people to inform themselves and contribute to their immediate community.
this leads to alienation, and when that alienation can be traced back through generations, it’s not a stretch for people to point fingers at the wrong actors responsible for their alienation.