Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 3 / ?]

tldr should i learn french or spanish

ID:ww4Mt+FX No.8578216 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I am an american thinking about going back to college with a little bit of money from stocks I've had since birth.

and as far as I understand the objectively most affordable way to do so is directly enroll in a foreign uni. not a study abroad program ofc; rather DIRECT enrollment abroad.
there are two factors in the way:
>language barrier
>prices being low for residents/citizens only

the former is definitely tough. but I dont plan to go back to uni until at least 2 years from now anyway no matter where it is. so there is opportunity for language study in there and visiting the country and stuff.

the latter doesnt matter as much if I studied in a poorer country like say argentina. (google says tuition is ~$3000/year). but then, the point of a degree is 1. obviously not the education aspect and 2. not even necessarily the degree itself; it's the CONNECTIONS you make in order to get interviews and such. so then I would have to live and work in argentina. which really wouldnt be so bad just work in a relevant industry and get something more than a foreign degree to put on a resume, then in a couple years move back to the states.
OR, I could for example become a resident of quebec (which might be hard or easy idk) and get cheap resident tuition at a similar $3000/year. this would be much closer to home as I have family right on the quebec border.

>why not learn german for totally free uni
well ultimately there's some language interest here too, I dont really wanna learn german but spanish and french appeal to me anyway even without my weird idea. mostly spanish actually but going to quebec according to my research might be a legitimately good option for my idea