Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[2 / 2 / ?]

ID:6WHSZRFr No.9115105 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm really tired of Youtubers always acting like the sky is falling every time something becomes demonetized or not as profitable.

I understand COPPA, and frankly I agree with it.
It's really not that big of a fucking deal.
All it is, is you have to be HONEST and label whether your video, content, website is suitable for Children. That's all the fuck it is.
It's you having to help parental control systems be able to filter more effectively.
This COPPA policy is no more intrusive than a V-chip, Motion Picture Association of America film rating system, television content rating system, or the ESRB.

Why would you want children to be able to see your not appropriate for children content?
I get that kids are stupid and will click shit and not skip ads.
But really, that's not the FTC fucking you over, it YOU being a scumbag taking exploiting how stupid kids are.

NO ONE is forcing you to change your content to be appropriate for children. They are forcing you to be honest and tell them if it’s appropriate for children.

Oh no, advertisers don't want to sponsor you because they know your shit isn't PG?
BOO FUCKING HOO Faggot.
You can't force advertisers to give you money if they don't like or want to put ads on your content. Advertisers have that right. Advertisers want as many people to see their ads, so stuff that appeals and is safe for everyone is who they'll sign with.
You made a really good informative documentary about the WACO Branch Davidians?
Cool.
But if Pepsi, Apple, and Samsung only want to run ads on Child-friendly videos and not your impressive Cult documentary, tough shit, you can't make them.
Oh no! The game theory video about Mario being a psychopath will become demonetized because it’s not children appropriate and sponsors only want to pay for fully appropriate content.
Boo fucking hoo.
Oh no! Ethan and Hila can't just sit on their ass and complain about people while saying fuck and making sex jokes?
Oh no! It's another Shoah.