Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[72 / 14 / ?]

Where does /bant/ work?

ID:Fghuroyu No.9118131 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I am a guard in an office building belonging to one of the biggest private companies in the country. Generally, i get one 24 hour shift per four days, plus an odd 12 hour shift then and now. The job, as can be expected, is pretty trivial - we stand at our respective posts looking really serious, occasionally checking vehicles/containers and reporting POI entering and exiting. About half of the time we spend on foot, with only a 30 minute lunch break to sit down. I prefer walking back and forth where space is available, as it seems to reduce the strain put on the feet somehow. Night's an easier time, we get to sit down at a designated spot and basically tend to ourselves, checking the rest of the rooms at regular intervals. Can take off the hats that we wear indoors during daytime, too. The pay's not too great from the start, but there are bonuses for extra qualification and such, and it's the first job to reliably pull me out of the NEET cesspit that greeted me after graduating school. It's actually somewhat comfy most of the time, though it does involve a lot of interaction with people that i barely know, which i find uncomfortable. I plan to get a uni degree while i'm here, so i could try something more lucrative and personal.
What are your workplaces, Anon? Do you like it where you are? Any plans on changing your occupation?