Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[118 / 12 / ?]

420 nerds GET IN HERE

No.9839227 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, a couple of weeks back I gave up tobacco in an effort to bolster my immune response. But, is it actually a good idea to give up smoking weed? I've been thinking about it and it isn't so clear cut.

plusses of quitting: all inhalation of smoke irritates the lungs. given this virus damages lung tissue, it seems pretty clear cut. Also, marijuana has some effect on the function of the immune system itself, but this isn't well understood in humans.

negatives: I smoke it to get to sleep, I'm a raving insomniac without it. Loss of sleep will negatively effect the immune system, and if I go cold turkey it could take a week or two until I reset my sleep cycle naturally. That's 2 weeks in which I'm liable to catch the virus.

In addition, smoking marijuana depletes the cilia in the throat (they get fried off). The virus specifically attacks the cilia when it moves from the nasal cavity down into the back of the throat. So, by having less cilia, am I potentially helping myself out? If the virus gets into the nasal cavity it will begin releasing millions of copies right away, so perhaps it's inevitable it'll reach the lungs by that point anyway, cilia or not.

lastly, getting too stressed out dampens immune response. I don't really use MJ for stress reduction but at least it will allow me to devote all of my focus temporarily to what I want to study, instead of worrying about the virus.

Any other weed smokers have thoughts? Does anyone have a more in-depth medically informed opinion on this? inb4 "take your meds" "schizo" shills.