Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[111 / 12 / ?]

No.1005035 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Something that has always bothered me is due to the obesity epidemic plaguing the West doing physical activity or commuting by bicycle is seen as weird. Fitness in general is demonized, people over emphasize how you have to be SO CAREFUL when you're on a bicycle.

How about you be more careful about your fucking BMI over 25? How about you look at your own lazy and dangerous lifestyle and stop projecting your insecurities onto me?

I went to a family even the other day that is around 20KM away and has a few hills, I rode there and a huge amount of my extended family were there. We ate, drank and spoke for a few hours and then at 9PM I said I was gonna ride home. Everyone was offering to give me a ride and giving me looks like I was either unfortunate or retarded.

I'm not even that skinny for a cyclist and I'm not into it that competitively - I just like to ride and listen to podcasts, it's fun and takes the stress away but my family and some friends treat me like I've become obsessed or I'm engaging in risky behavior, nevermind the fact that they're all obese.

Anyone else deal with this shit?