Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[40 / 9 / ?]

PSA regarding mountain bikes

No.1053314 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
On a whim I stopped at an unknown bike shop the other day and I inadvertently solved the MTB mystery. I wondered why the baggy pants wearing, ski-lift loving lazy bike haters are always posting on the transportation board even though they don't exist IRL. Well they do exist, it turns out! I saw some, not just the regular MTB people who are obviously just too poor to afford a real bike so they duck pedal at 8 RPM on their 90s rigid MTB with plastic bags hanging off the handlebars, but also the made up special 4chan MTB fans who think that spending more on the same stupid shit somehow makes you go down the groomed ski slope faster that you drove your MTB to in the back of a motorized cage.

But they don't go to normal bike shops, they go to the MTB people shop where everyone looks like a scrawny fetal alcohol baby and talks in incomprehensible children's slang while wearing "streetwear" and they compete over who can have the knobbiest tires for mostly riding around on concrete. Turns out, at this shop, pretty much all they deal with is MTBs and their clientele is made up of all those people who think you need a special remote-controlled motorized seat post, and you should carry around a special pump so your bike's frame geometry can avoid sagging, and non-transport-relevant shit like that.

Anyway it's still a mystery why MTB people think they should be on /n/ transportation (but I guess it's no more silly than skateboards or rollerblades).