Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[61 / 9 / ?]

No.1109413 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Im starting to get into ebikes to do my traveling/commuting/trailing and i am kind of confused about why ANY of them are so expensive when the only real difference that seems to matter on a Ebike is the motor and the battery. i know some get expensive because of "carbon fiber" memes, but honestly that is overkill and its not what im going for anyway.

so im browsing around for ebikes, all over 1.3k, untill i see the Super 73 and the Sondors pic related bike. this is when i started scratching my head and wondering why ANY ebike is over 1k (frames aside). the Super 73s cheapest bike model is about $993 and thats only becauses its on sale. i thought to myself "wow thats a cheap bike compared to the other bikes ive seen" and i actually thought it was as cheap as a ebike was ever going to get unless i custom make one from scratch.

then, 4 days later i come accross the sondors original bike (pic related), which was another indiegogo bike for only $500. i thought that this bike was obviously worse than the super 73 right? wrong, its actually MORE POWERFUL than that 1k bike... the sondors also has these $100 upgrades to make the bike even more powerful and comfortable to ride. but thats not all, its most expensive model is still under $1000 and it has even double the power of the sondors original.

so im still sitting here scratching my head. why does anyone buy these 1700-3000 Ebikes when the only thing that matters is the motor and battery which can be built and bought for under $1000? unless you are on mountain bike trails the frame LITERALLY doesnt matter what so ever. some please explain. the only purpose of a ebike is to assist in movement, why is $500-$1000 not the standard for ebikes? its not like its made from "cheap material" either. a 36v 12.8ah li ion battery is above average for any normal person and 48v 17.8ah li ion is just that much better. so whats the deal?