Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 7 / ?]

Cager bullshit

No.1143847 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Share shit cagers say to justify being cagers and acting as such

>"But how am I gonna take my kids to school?"

Here the cager (often female) makes an appeal to emotion. Think of their darling children. There couldn't possibly be another way to bring a few small persons from A to B and back without using a car.

The sad thing is that it ingrains the inevitability of cages for going short distances. I see this mostly in affluent areas and suburbs, but inner city families tend to do it too when they can.
It makes kids more dependant on their parents for everything really, while they could learn a few things doing literally anything but sitting in the cage.

It's often also an excuse for the cager to take their children from A to B, then B to C (workplace or other shit), while they could have easily done A to C without a car, so the slightly longer commute justifies their use of a vehicle.

They will tell you it's safer, but there's nothing safe (for them or other people) about cars.
They'll tell you it's quicker, but it contributes to congestion, and for the driver it's an unnecessary journey that kids could do on their own (a responsibility that often befalls the mother, makes her late and compels her to leave and go to work on school hours, which kills her career).

It shows how little they listen to their kids: most kids would prefer walking, riding (or roller-skating/blading), take the school bus, or public transport, because those are much more social and independant transit options.

(1/2)