Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[46 / 8 / ?]

No.1276193 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>be me
>out riding my S-Works Venge, dressed in full kit with Giro Air Attack helmet
>hit a new PR on a Strava segment that I already had KOM on
>feeling great
>stop at a red light
>some kid, looked to be about 17, standing on the sidewalk yelled to me "nice hat, queer"
>I said "excuse me?"
>he repeated "nice hat, queer!" even louder
>I dismounted and walked up to him
>"EXCUSE ME?"
>"NICE HAT, QUEER, afraid of bumping your head or something? helmets are for fags"
>I respond "Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo."
>he is stunned and speechless
>I get back on my bike and ride off, and get yet another PR on my ride home