Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 8 / ?]

No.1433091 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
> Bedding in requires about 20 slow-downs (not stops) per brake, until brake force is at its maximum. This means you have to cycle up to speed, slow down by braking moderately and release the brake just before the bike comes to a stop. Do NOT stop and hold the brake down. This way too much material will be deposited onto the disc and you will have a pad-shaped high spot on the disc. Do this for each brake individually so that you can control the process. Don't attempt to brake with both levers during this process.
> Don't swap pad types without completely cleaning the disc first by sanding it thoroughly. (I.e. organic to metal and vice versa).
> Don't skip the process.
> Don't expect that your mechanic knows this.
> Don't kill your careful bedding in labour by an incorrect procedure after a long hard run with brakes. At the end of the run at the bottom of the hill, don't stop and hold the brakes in. If they are very hot, this will again cause an uneven deposition of brake pad material onto the disc.
> Disc brakes are complex and problematic and I expect huge consumer dissatisfaction once they become the mainstream brakes for all bicycles. I don't see enough education at mechanic level on the issue and not even the big expensive mechanic schools have this in the curriculum.

uh? lol
fuck disc brakes