Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[63 / 5 / ?]

A little help with my bike commute please?

No.1510960 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi.

So I have been bicycling to work for the last four years and I am getting sick of it but I am not getting my drivers lisence back ever.

If only the municipality would build a walkbridge over the train tracks or a tunnel under the tracks, by the train station. it's literally 50 meters across the rails and then 300 meters to the place I work. Somebody cut a hole in the fence but it's not allowed to cross the tracks. But anyways I have to go two kilometers north or two kilometers south to cross the railway legally. I thought about getting an electric bike but I heard you shouldn't use them in winter, plus I am afraid the battery can burn down my apartment because it has to be stored indoors.

The municipality also has no plans to install bike boxes so I could at least store my bike outside and not have to drag it up and down the stairs to my apartment. If I could just store it on the ground level a lot would be accomplished.

Electrical bikes can't be used in winter and/or stored outside in freezing conditions, right? Come to think of it, how can electrical cars be stored outside of garages in freezing conditions without the battery breaking?

Does anyone know how to make my life/commute easier? Let me know if you need some more info to help.

(Also there is no public transportation network in my home town, it just gets you out of town.)