Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[70 / 11 / 37]

Lights

No.1857572 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Let's discuss lights.
I've realized that day running lights are important for e-scooters, bicycles, kick scooters and other similar vehicles.
Just think about it, how many times a car driver nearly crashed into you, or didn't notice you in the mirror. You could call him an asshole, but I think it is way simpler than this, he just didn't fucking see you. I bet with lights he would have actually noticed you.
All new cars come with day running lights, so why should e-scooters and bicycles be different?

Which brings me to this question. What kind of light should I get for e-scooter (bicycle, doesn't really matter)? Or should I get multiple lights?
I know from experience that StVZO lights, even cheapest and crappiest ones provide good pattern during night riding. But I've recently upgraded from kick scooter to e-scooter and I noticed that e-scooter has absolute dogshit light, and that StVZO light seems kinda weak for higher speeds (15 km/h on kick scooter vs 25 km/h on e-scooter so nothing too crazy yet.) .
Also what about daytime running lights? Is StVZO beam sufficient, or it is a better idea to get smth else?