Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 2 / ?]

No.961509 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I want to get into road racing and have the opportunity to compete in a cat 5 race tomorrow. I have never competed in a bike race, I have never even done a group ride. I have a good road bike (Trek Madone 5.9 with Red and Force components). I just got it, only have 125km on it so far. The last ride was with my dad, a little slower than I'd go on my own, but my other ride (when I was lone) I averaged 31.0 km/h including stopping/starting. So while actually moving I was averaging about 32. It was only an 18.5km ride, but it was stormy and windy which slowed me down, plus I wasn't riding that hard, definitely not going all out, I could go faster. I can sprint up hills at like 35-37 km/h easily without even really struggling. On flats I could probably hit like 50 if going all-out.
The race I could enter tomorrow is about 74km (46 miles) and I think it's flat. Being in a race I'll be riding harder plus be able to draft people so even though it's longer than my other ride I think I could still hold like 30-33 km/h (18.5-20.5mph) average. And there's also the fact that my solo ride was a windy day, so I'll go faster if it's calm.
Am I fast enough to compete in a cat 5 race? Should I go for it?