Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[206 / 52 / ?]

No.983092 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
let's talk small-wheeled road bikes

where my lads at riding anything smaller than 700c? although that size is more or less indisputably the best for road racing, I've already got a race bike and would like something a little more nimble for urban use

the most common sizes are pretty much the largest, after 700c it's 650b which you'll see on touring bikes and smaller frame sizes. 650c/26" is pretty much reserved for really small women's bikes and, again, touring bikes. 24" is only for kid's roads bikes, and 20" is for BMX bikes and mini velos (a mini velo pretty much being any 20" bike that isn't BMX)

I really enjoy the agility of a BMX or even a 26" rigid MTB as compared to my 700c road bike. it's not just the weight of the wheels or whatever that makes it handle better, but the way your center of gravity is positioned over the wheels. I can't really quantify it with technical terms, but if you've ever ridden a BMX bike you'll know just how much easier it is to throw it around in an urban environment without ever worrying about your grip or cornering clearance.

what small-wheeled road bikes are you guys riding? 90s rigid MTBs with slicks? those are a great choice, but I'd like something with road geometry. anyone tall (6'1+") have experience with a mercier nano? $300 on bikes direct. a BMX with a 3-foot long seatpost? show me those bikes, lads